Wandi Class Cooking
Class cooking is always something to look forward to in the Wandi classroom. Coco and Lachlan went to the local fruit store, Woolworths at Buderim, as well Kunara Marketplace, to purchase supplies for cooking. It was quite a challenge figuring out how much of each ingredient to buy. The theme for this week was a vegetarian meal (with the dessert being vegan). As a group, we decided to do a cheesy pasta bake and a Dairy-free avocado chocolate mousse.
The chocolate mousse was a big hit, and we thought we would share the luscious recipe with you.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 large avocados
- ¼ cup Dairy free Cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 150g vegan dark chocolate (to melt)
- Extra grated vegan dark chocolate (to serve)
- Fresh fruit (we used strawberries)
- Melt 150g of the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Let cool.
- Cut the avocadoes in half and remove the stone. Scoop the flesh into the large bowl of a food processor. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut cream. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Add the melted chocolate. Process until creamy and smooth.
- Scoop into serving glasses.
- Chill and serve with cut fresh fruit.