As an innovative, future-focused independent school with a vision to establish a unique learning village, a commitment to First Peoples first and our amazing 22 hectare natural environment on Eudlo Creek, MIC is in an ideal position to offer students hands-on, independent and purposeful learning where students engage their intellectual curiosity and realise their creative potential.
Our deep connections with the local community have led to a number of exciting new developments as we continue to move toward MIC’s transformation into an arts and cultural destination.
Arts and Culture Curatorial Program
At MIC our vision for our Arts and Culture Curatorial Program is to develop real-life connections with local artists, events, festivals and programs through the development of valuable collaborations and partnerships. This engagement with partner organisations will allow opportunities for:
- intergenerational learning within a diverse and vibrant inclusive community
- activating place with temporary art projects that add to the landscape and support local artists
- development of a sophisticated Artist-in-Residence Program, providing opportunities to have contemporary, working artists on-site
- a focus on artist practices that cross boundaries between art, science and technology, social activism, architecture and design
- support of our biennial IMAGINEERS event, in particular by encouraging participation by MIC students at all year levels
- the development of an arts panel/board to include interested parents, teachers/staff, students and external partners.
MIC is committed to working with artists who support a sustainable practice and focus on the environment.
MIC’s Arts and Culture Curatorial Program will be coordinated by our Art Curator Nicole Veovodin-Cash, who is also our Teaching Artist (Visual Arts) in the Secondary College.
Specialist Classes: Art at MIC
Art is taught to all students at MIC, starting with the Early Years program. For more on how Art is taught at MIC – visit the Specialist Classes – Art page of our website.